Everything you've ever wanted to know about MAM.
Since 1976, it has been our primary objective to support the individual development of each child in the best way possible and to make day-to-day baby care easier for parents. In the following sections you will learn how we successfully achieve this aim every day and why sustainable, responsible trading is important to us. We have put together a summary for those short on reading time: We love babies.
Thank you for your interest in working with us.
Our aim is to continually expand on the success and develop the quality of our products and to revitalise the market with our innovations.
Above all else, this is due to the expertise of our employees, who have made MAM a leading market participant for baby products.
There are no vacancies at present.
1976: MAM is founded in Vienna by the Austrian Peter Röhrig. Early on he gained experience in his parents' industrial companies. The first MAM soother is sold this year.
1987: The international distribution and production centre is established in Switzerland.
1989: MAM is established in the UK.
1990: The Swedish market leader 'Bambino' is acquired. The Group's first own production site opens this year in Hungary.
1991: MAM is established in Germany.
1997: The MAM product development department is opened in Siegendorf, Austria.
1998/99: MAM subsidiaries are established in Hungary and Brazil.
2002: The Group commences latex production at 'Thaimed' in Thailand, with high-quality materials, production facilities and working conditions meeting MAM's highest standards.
2008: MAM is established in Spain and the US.
2011/12: MAM is established in Greece and France.
2016: MAM celebrates its 40th anniversary and looks forward to continuing to support the healthy development of babies across the globe in the future
- The MAM/BAMED Group is based in Austria and Switzerland.
- We currently have around 1000 members of staff across the globe.
- We work with 20 medical partners throughout the world to develop our products.
- To date, MAM has gained protection for 28 inventions in 248 patents and 1 utility patent, as well as the appearance of 54 product designs in over 247 registered designs.
- MAM is a member of 8 international scientific and standardisation committees.
- MAM products are sold worldwide in 58 countries on all 5 continents.
- Around 25% of sales are generated in the US, and more than 55% in Europe.
- MAM sells some 63 million baby products a year.
- MAM is the market leader for soothers in the USA, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, France, the Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Israel and Chile.
Vienna, Austria: International marketing and design centre
Siegendorf, Austria: Product development
Wollerau, Switzerland: Coordination of international distribution and production
Vaskeresztes, Hungary: MAM Hungaria production site
Hat Yai, Thailand: MAM Thaimed production site
Kabinburi, Thailand: MAM Thaimed production site
Further MAM Group locations:
Brazil (Sao Paulo), China (Shanghai), Germany (Scheeßel), France (Paris), Greece (Thessaloniki), the UK (Teddington), Italy (Milan), Sweden (Stockholm), Spain (Barcelona), Hungary (Budapest), the US (Purchase, NY)
International distribution centres:
Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Finland, Indonesia, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Panama, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Venezuela